Click for our full calendar of events
July - ALL SERVICES- Collect Items for Back to School Orange
Personal hygiene kits with items such as deodorant
July 20-23 - Emmaus Women’s Retreat (in the Malloy Center)
July 23 - VBS Skating Party, 1-3 p.m., Spinning Wheels (6926 HWY 87N, Orange)
VBS wrap-up. All kids, youth and adults who participated in VBS are welcome to attend the Skating Party. Hope to see you there! No cost to those skating!
July 30 - ONE Service with Town Hall Meeting and Meal
9 am - Sunday School
10 am - Worship Service
11 am - Covered Dish Lunch with Town Hall Meeting
July 30 - Deadline to reserve a canoe/kayak for August 6 Annual Church Canoe Trip
June 28 - August 2 - Women's Summer Bible Study - Wednesday nights
Misti Groom's home - 6:30 to 8:30 pm. - share a meal and fellowship the first 30 minutes
Study Beth Moore's Entrusted, A Study of 2 Timothy (Study guide costs $13 - required for Levels 2-5 below.) Please RSVP to Nicole 782-6296 or email@example.com to reserve your book and chair at the study. Let her know if you need a ride.
This study is unique - you choose your level of participation.
- Level 1: Participate in videos. No Study Guide needed, but do need to RSVP (great option if you will not have extra time this summer!)
- Level 2: Participate in videos and do weekly homework assignments
- Level 3: Participate in videos, do weekly homework assignments and handwrite 2 Timothy.
- Level 4: Participate in videos, do weekly homework assignments, handwrite 2 Timothy, read "Next Level with Melissa"
- Level 5: Participate in videos, do weekly homework assignments, handwrite 2 Timothy, read "Next Level with Melissa", and memorize 2 Timothy.
I am not ashamed, because I know the One I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to guard what has been entrusted to me until that day. ~ 2 Timothy 1:12
Final words can be compelling. In Paul's final letter, he charged Timothy, his beloved son in the faith, to not be ashamed to fulfill God's call on his life. In this 6-session Bible study, Beth Moore will challenge you to do the same.
God has a plan for you. He has entrusted you with the gospel message and has gifted you to carry it to the furthest reaches of this planet; he's calling you to be His mighty servant, willing to face whatever difficulty you encounter as you carry out His mission.
July 13-17 - BigStuf Summer Camp at Panama City Beach, FL (9-12th graders)
BigStuf is a camp with quality Biblical teaching, passionate worship, and a beautiful place to be with God. Its mission and vision is to inspire students to live life with Jesus by creating experiences that will make a difference in the lives of students. For more information, visit BigStuf.
August 5- Back to School Orange
The goal is to distribute 1100 school supply kits this year, including preK kits.
First UMC Orange can contribute and support the event:
1) Encourage any Orange County child to pre-register.
2) Support the barbecue fundraisers this summer.
3) Back-to-School Orange Line Control Volunteer--Committed volunteers need to provide Angela Abshire with shirt size and need to attend the volunteer walk-through on Thursday afternoon, August 3.
4) First UMC Table Volunteer--Wear your personal FUMC ORANGE shirt and help distribute personal hygiene kits with items such as deodorant.
5) Donate items (See #4) to distribute at our table.
August 6 - Annual Church Canoe Trip
Payments to secure reservation due by Sunday, July 30. Two-person canoe=$40; three-person=$60; single riders=$20 (ride with another person). Single-person kayak=$35; your own kayak=$7. Cash or check to Angela or church office (can put in offering plate - mark "canoe" on check). Canoes are first-come, first served - so make reservation ASAP. Contact Angela Abshire (409-734-7886 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve a canoe or to answer any questions.
August 20 - "The Glory of Love" Church Dinner Theater Fundraiser, 6 p.m., Family Life Center
Join us for some great BBQ from the men's 4G group and a wonderful musical performance. Musical perfumers include Caroline Armstrong, Blake Dennis, Doug Rogers, and Donna Rogers. Miss Armstrong and Mr. Dennis will sing some of the great standards of romance, focusing on those early days in relationship when the power of love can be overwhelming while the Rogers, who are celebrating their 40th anniversay, will be singing about aspects of love that couples deal with in the long term. It promises to be an inspiring and humorous look at the story of the glory of love.
August 27 - Blessings of the Backpacks/Bibles Presented to 3rd graders
September 13-November 15 - Wednesday Night Live
5-6 pm Meal / 6-7 pm Bible Studies/Small Group
Fall Studies (Facilitators) Include:
- Mark by Max Lucado's (Suzanne Magee)
- Five Languages of Love by Gary Chapman (Bonnie Hopperton)
- Let it Go - How t Stop Running the Show and Start Walking in Faith by Karen Ehman (Gwen Whitehead)
- Youth (Randall Bridges)
- Kids Activities
- Nursery Provided
Proposed Stand-Alone Studies Include:
- Human Trafficking
- Drug Awareness
- Opportunities to Serve
- Others to be determined
September 17- Education Sunday (WNL & Sunday School teachers recognized)